1 1/2 pound of fresh, headed and peeled shrimp
1 Package of pasta
4 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
4 – 5 Cloves of minced garlic
1/2 Cup chopped green onion
4 Roma tomatoes cut into 1 inch pieces
1) In a bowl, toss fresh, local, wild caught shrimp with minced garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil
2) Saute’ green onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil until transparent
2) Put shrimp with the garlic marinade into the saute’ pan. Heat until shrimp is cooked; don’t overcook. Add tomatoes at the end, just to heat through.
4) Bring a 6 quart pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook unitl ad dente; reserve 1 Cup pasta water and lightly drain pasta.
5) Add 1/4 cup pasta water and 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil to pasta pot and return to a boil. Transfer pasta back to the pot.
6) Using spoon, transfer shrimp, garlic, onions and tomatoes to pasta pot. Gently toss to combine, adding some pasta water 2 tablespoons at a time until desired consistancy is achieved.
7) Salt to taste
8) Transfer to four plates and sprinkle with fresh pepper or fresh parsley if desired.
2,140 total views, 1 views today