1 Package Pasta
4 ox – Pancetta (diced)
1 12oz beer of your choice
Salt and Pepper to taste
Shaved Parmesan Cheese
1) Heat a large pot of water on the stove over high heat. Bring to a boil. As the water is heating, place a medium frying pan on the stove over medium/medium high heat. Once hot, add the pancetta and begin cooking, stir often.
2) Add the pasta to the boiling pot of water and cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain pasta (do not rinse).
3) Once the bacon is browned, carefully add the beer and reserved pasta water to the frying pan. Reduce this sauce as the pasta cooks, ideally reducing by half. If the sauce is too thin reduce further, and if the sauce is too thick or appears to have entirely evaporated ad water as needed.
4) Return pasta to the pot is was cooked in and add the bacon and beer sauce to the pot and mix well. Season to taste with salt and black papper.
5) Serve immediately, garnishing with Parmesan cheese and a tasty beer!
760 total views, 1 views today